Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Gondola

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know where I could get a Gondola such as the one in the attached image (not a Venetian boat), or alternatively any suggestions for creating one in standard ArchiCAD tools. High detail is not essential, but the basic shape, slightly curved walls, indication of components would be nice.

Alternatively I could resort to copying and pasting in Photoshop, but I would rather have the ability to view from various angles.

Thanks in advance.

500 posts, happy birthday to me.

gondola.jpg
5 REPLIES 5
i seem to remember a gondola listed alongside the $500 Human Heart model at Dosch Design.

Check out TurboSquid. They have quite a variety of 3DS models.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-5060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.6
Djordje
Ace
s2art wrote:
Does anyone know where I could get a Gondola such as the one in the attached image
Good exercise for GDL ToolBox or ArchiForma ... 😉
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Petros Ioannou
Booster
Well you can even do it in plain AC using SEO and simple shapes.
At least the basic forms..
1.for start it seems that the main body of the cabin is the result of an intersection (SEOs) of two horizontal cylinders (crossing vertical in plan).
2.Then you need to subtract two cubes (or slabs) to create base and roof.
3. Create the same shape again using smaller radius cylinder so that you can have an internal (offset) cabin. This can be used to subtract the interior and thus create walls and interior empty space.
It depends on how deep into detailing you want to go.

HTH

Petros
ArchiCAD 22 4023 UKI FULL,
Archicad 21 6013 UKI FULL, ArchiCAD 20 8005 UKI FULL
iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB
__archiben
Booster
ask DNC or anybody at the fuerkogel winter schools. i seem to remember making one of the gear-wheels for the top mechanism of the cable car that got us up the mountain in the first place . . . but someone made an actual car if i recall correctly

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the tips, people. If DNC or anyone ~/archiben are referring to are listening I'd love to hear from you. Otherwise I will try your suggestions Petros.

Thanks again

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!