Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Help! Creating a pool object

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could give me a few steps as to how i would go about creating a pool. I am a complete beginner so basic steps would be great.
My other question is how owuld one go about creating grass....is there an option to choose textures and would i apply these to a very thin slab over a certain area??

Thanks!
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Assuming you are talking about an in-ground pool, the easiest way is to use a mesh and make a depression in it with contours. You can then put water in with the slab tool and use subtraction (SEO) to clean them up.
Andy Thomson
Advisor
I have some excellent GDL pools complete with ladders and wobbly water, part of a larger library project that I hope to upload sometime in June. If you PM me with your email, I can send them to you.
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Andy,
What is this "wobbly water" you speak of ?
How is it made ? Is it made with a mesh command,
a mass command, or some other method ?
Thanks,
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi again,
Thanks again for those pools andy!!
Another question, when I want to use a pool with mesh as the ground this is what happens....see attatched photo.

How do i cut the middle out?

claire
David Maudlin
Rockstar
claire:

Assuming the pool has a bottom, you can use Solid Element Operations (Subtraction with upwards extrusion) to remove the mesh from the pool. If the pool does not have a bottom, you could add a slab in the area of the pool and use the slab for the operation.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can find some pools with "wobbly water", in the library below.
Cheers.

Olivier
Pool.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Olivier,
Man, it's good to hear from you.
I see that you have made some more objects.
I have your new site in my favorites and I have
already downloaded some interesting objects
including the ones having "wobbly water".
Thanks Olivier,
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
That looks like a pretty large polygon count. The image below shows a pool with a flat surface, with a water material using the LW Archive settings (i think, an old project but can look up settings if you want). Maybe a combination of the two would be good to get an rippled edge around the water, but with less polygons.

... and could someone please help the woman who fell in fully clothed...?
pool.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
Hello Olivier,
Man, it's good to hear from you.
I agree with Peter.

It was too long for us…
Even you never stop to do objects and help others users offline…