cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Hiding the leader of an associative label

jshuether
Enthusiast
Is there anyway to hide the leader on an associative label?

I typically place the fixture type # next to all of the light fixtures on the reflected ceiling plans (F1, F2, F3, etc). Rather than scripting in "text2" in all of my light fixture objects, it would be so easy to use the associative label tool.

Turning off the associative label leader would also be helpful indicating partition types, because I could use a traditional partition type symbol (yes, there is a workaround by setting the arrow size to "0").

Scott
ArchiCAD 25

Windows 10
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable
There is a way though I don't remember it exactly (to late in the evening to launch AC right now). There is a check box to "Use Symbol Arrow" or such. If the symbol has no arrow then it will use none.
jshuether
Enthusiast
Yes! Found it. Thank-you, Matthew.
ArchiCAD 25

Windows 10
jshuether
Enthusiast
Actually, I still can't easily do what I want with the associative label tool. When you select "ID" for the label, it grays out the "Symbol Label" section of the object menu and won't allow you to click on the "use symbol arrow." I do have a simple text label that uses object IDs that I use with the associative label; however, the associative label still places hotspots where the end of the leader would be if I used the label tools leader, even though the leader of the label tool is not shown. There are two problems: The initial placement of the Symbol Label is haphazard--today it is 2'-3 27/32" up and 1'-7 11/16" over from the center of the object I am trying to label, tomorrow, the location might be different. When I drag the Symbol Label into position, it drags the hotspot of the label tool leader off of the symbol still 2'-3 27/32" below and 1'-7 11/16" over. The second problem is that I can't "stretch" the location of my Symbol Label (like you can with the label tool) without first turning on the label tools leader by clicking off "use symbol arrow."

What an effing mess of a tool. It looks like I'll just have to copy/paste "text2" script into all of my objects.

Scott
ArchiCAD 25

Windows 10
TomWaltz
Participant
jshuether wrote:
What an effing mess of a tool.
It's such a shame. The Label Tool has so much power, but the Label Objects that come with Archicad are all supremely weak and do not show off any of its capabilities.

There is actually an array you can get through GDL to move the Label to a logical spot (0,0, relative to the element's center point). I did it once but cannot find it right now. It REALLY helped control the label tool!
Tom Waltz
Aussie John
Newcomer
make a label object.
put in
EDIT::text2 0,0,Glob_ID

save into your library

Choose the label from the list in the info box.
make sure use symbol arrow is checked is in the label settings

This is the only way I know to do what wish.

As Tom says this put the text at the position if it had a leader which is very annoying. If someone can chime in how to set this at the origin of the object- please do!!!

I love the concept of the label tool and am sad that v10 appears to be leaving it withering on the vine. COME ON GS finish the feature pleaaaaaase.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Barry Kelly
TomWaltz wrote:
There is actually an array you can get through GDL to move the Label to a logical spot (0,0, relative to the element's center point). I did it once but cannot find it right now. It REALLY helped control the label tool!
Is this the array you are thinking of - its called "offset"?

Add this to the script just before the text and you should have a stretchy hotspot to move it around.

hotspot2 0,offset[1][2],unID,offset[1][1],1+128 : unID=unID+1
hotspot2 -1,offset[1][2],unID,offset[1][1],3 : unID=unID+1
hotspot2 offset[1][1],offset[1][2],unID,offset[1][1],2 : unID=unID+1

hotspot2 offset[1][1],0,unID,offset[1][2],1+128 : unID=unID+1
hotspot2 offset[1][1],-1,unID,offset[1][2],3 : unID=unID+1
hotspot2 offset[1][1],offset[1][2],unID,offset[1][2],2 : unID=unID+1

add2 offset[1][1],offset[1][2]

text2 0,0,Glob_ID

Hope this helps.
Just something I played with once to try to get the roof lable to work better.
I still don't use lables though.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aussie wrote:
make a label object.
put in
text2 0,0,Global_ID
John,

The correct code is:

Text2 0, 0, GLOB_ID

(caps optional)

The label tool continues to be my pet peeve and is one of the biggest missed opportunities considering how little effort it would have been to get it right. Rather than a great tool with tremendous power to automate the annotation process we have a promising demo of a feature that is barely usable.
jshuether
Enthusiast
I've tried the offset array with graphical hotspots, it still doesn't get rid of the hotspot created where the end of the label tools leader would be located.

I have been scripting the graphical hotspot array and text2 command into all of my light fixture objects today since the label tool won't do what I want.
ArchiCAD 25

Windows 10
Aussie John
Newcomer
Matthew wrote:
John,

The correct code is:

Text2 0, 0, GLOB_ID

Ooops too quick with the typing
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!