Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How can i create a 4 casement window ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everybody. I can't create a 4 casements window. How can I do that? I want a hinged window not slide. Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Please fill out the Signature field in your Profile so we can see what version of ArchiCAD and what system you are using. In many cases the answer is version and configuration-dependent.

In this specific case: if you run ArchiCAD 18, there is a new Window in the default library called

Horizontal Multi-Sash Window 18

It also has a "sibling" called

Vertical Multi-Sash Window 18

You can set up to 10 panes for it and you can specify the width of each Sash separately, and you can also set a panel and opening type for each sash of the Window separately, so you will be able to make the two middle sashes hinged (by selecting the Side Hung option for their Opening Type parameter).

Edit: Actually, this one doesn't have Transoms. In that case you can create your Window 'assembly' out if several individual Windows.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been trying to find an appropriate answer to this recently.

To get the whole object to show in a window schedule or pattern drawing later I went with Modular Joinery Windows.

I would much rather use the default windows, but the ganging option seems like a 'cop-out' and doesn't work well with the scheduling abilities of ArchiCAD.

If there is a way to group ganged windows under one window reference and for them to show as one window in a schedule or pattern drawing then I would be very interested to know.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all

I am on ARCHICAD 21. I have found the horizontal multi-sash window limit of 10 panes a bit limiting. Is there a way around this?

I know there is a "multiply" method but then it means I cannot individually control the multiplied instance.

I want to create a window feature with 12 panes, and control individually each of those 12 panes.
Barry Kelly
You can use the 'Ganging' option (in the 'Fixtures Fittings' section of the settings) to join 2 windows together.
They will still be 2 separate objects but should appear as one as there will be joining lines in plan or 3D.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry

Unfortunately that won't work for me as I really want this window to be 1 object, so that in my Window Schedule it appears as 1.
Barry Kelly
Can you really order a 12 sash window as one complete unit?
If not I would model it as you would order it and gang them together.

I am not even sure if Cadimage door & window builder would do a 12 sash unit (I don't use it), but that may be what you need if it does.

Otherwise you have the old fall back of a custom made window from slabs saved as a window object.
It will look as good as you model it, but will not be parametric.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Otherwise you have the old fall back of a custom made window from slabs saved as a window object. <--- I'm not familiar with this step.

Is there a link or thread somewhere that would teach me how to do this?
David Maudlin
Rockstar
benjamin_chan wrote:
Otherwise you have the old fall back of a custom made window from slabs saved as a window object. <--- I'm not familiar with this step.

Is there a link or thread somewhere that would teach me how to do this?
In the Help files see: > Elements of the Virtual Building > Parametric Objects > Graphic Creation of Custom Library Parts and Components.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14