Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How do I create a new object library?

Reilly
Participant

I am working on creating a library of objects for my office. Most of these objects have already been created as embedded objects, then exported into a folder on our company dropbox. How do I format this so it can be loaded as a linked library in the library manager? So far, when I try to link the new library folder, the objects do not appear when using the object tool. I have not tried making an lcf file yet as I am still working on and editing some of the objects, but that is next on my list to try once the objects are created.

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon

1 REPLY 1
scottjm
Advisor

When you link the library folder, do you still have the objects in your emebded library? if so, it will only show the objects in one location in the object tool as it knows they are duplicates.

Try linking the library folder to a separate archicad file, or remove the objects from your embedded library.

The suggested workflow when developing objects is to work on the objects from a linked library folder.

If you are intending to upload your library to a BIMCloud Library, I would suggest packaging them as an LCF.  This will prevent them from accidently being modified by other users, and also has a slight performance increase when loading the library.  The only downfall is you have to repackage the lcf whenever you modify an object.

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe

Setup info provided by author