Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How to creating door and window drawings for a project using hotlink?

thanit
Newcomer

"Hello, I would like to ask for advice regarding creating detailed door and window drawings.

The project I’m working on involves two townhome buildings, each with multiple types. I’m using hotlink to combine each type into a single building, and then merging the two buildings into a Masterplan for the drawing layout.

The problem is, when detailing the doors and windows, I have to manually customize the element ID and settings for each one. If they are the same type of door or window, I have to copy the settings and manually apply them to each instance. This process is quite manual, and if I need to adjust dimensions (like increasing the height of D1), I have to go into each sub-file to update D1 individually.

I’d like to ask if there’s a way to create a central door/window object file that can be edited once, and have it update across all the linked files. Or, if there are any other solutions for creating detailed drawings and managing door/window numbering when using hotlinking.

P.S. The doors and windows are created using CI Tools within the software."

Operating system used: Windows

0 REPLIES 0

Setup info provided by author