Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Instant GDL Help?

JGoode
Expert
Hello,

I am trying to use the 'Instant GDL' method of creating an object. However the 3D doesn't want to drop into my script? The only way that I can get 2D to drop into the 2D script is to copy and paste it into the 2D symbol and then drag and drop into my 2D script.

My version of ArchiCAD is ArchiCAD 19. Should it work?

Thanks
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
1 REPLY 1
David Collins
Advocate
You should be able to drag and drop 2d elements into the 2d script field pretty reliably. Make sure you have the ArchiCAD 2d window floating next to the Library Object editor with little or no space in between. You need to fling the 2d object into the 2d script, ie drag it fast: a slow drag will get stopped at the border.

Dragging 3d elements into the 3d script is another can of worms. This has always resulted in pretty bewildering GDL and I think in recent versions this has gotten a little screwier.

I've mostly dragged simple 2d fills or polylines into the 2d script window and then adapted that script to make simple 3d objects like PRISM_, CPRISM_, TUBE, REVOLVE etc.

If you really need to see the 3d script of something in ArchiCAD you can always File/Library and Objects/ Save Selection As/ Object. Then take a look in the GDL object editor. This is sometimes useful and always educational.
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)