Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Latest HotFix needs to be fixed - 12-08-10

rob2218
Enthusiast
well, tried to download for the MAC this hotfix and here's the error message it gives.....think the hotfix needs a hotfix.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
You either manually moved or renamed a file in the ArchiCAD folder hiearchy. (You must NEVER do this even if you want a library to be somewhere else - just leave it.)

Or... your permissions have gotten corrupted inside the folder on your Mac. Rare. You can check just to be sure:

Force Time Machine to do a backup.

Launch Disk Utility, select the drive that your AC folder is on (probably main HD that contains Applications folder).

Select the First Aid tab, and click the button "Repair Disk Permissions".

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
rob2218
Enthusiast
thanks Karl,
Nobody here ever messes with the Archicad folder except and one other coworker (who knows better) so its gotta be the permissions issue.
I'll try your suggestion and see what gives.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
Just FYI.
the answer to this issue was plain and simple.
I didn't have the proper "rights" on the MAC when my user preferences were set up. Now I do...so install worked.

Had nothing to do with any renamed Archicad folder hierachy or anything like that.....just so's you all know in case you run into this type of message.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23