BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Library Part Conversion

TracyGA
Contributor

I made some custom library parts based a year or two ago in version 25 and then saved them in our company library folder.  When we open the file I made them for in version 25 the objects work great.  However, when we open them in another version (26 or 27) or another file (to use for another project) the 3d does not work.  If I save the file that they work in as an archive file, the objects work in 3d in any version, but if they are linked to a separate library folder they do not work.  I am completely stumped as to why this would happen.

2 REPLIES 2
scottjm
Advisor

Is the session report showing any errors?

can you see the objects inside the library manager in ac27?

do they work if you load them into your embedded library in 27?

can you open the objects in ac27 GDL editor?

If so what happens if you resave the the gsm from ac27?

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe
Lingwisyer
Guru

The 3D is not Calling anything is it? Called objects are include in archives, so my guess is that you have some library differences between your AC versions. From memory, if the Called object is done via a parameter rather that being hardcoded, it will not report as missing.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!