Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Library part maker surface missing

DanyThailand
Participant

Having done a simple object with library  part make, saved it, all good ( with specific new surfaces ). When importing in another project, all surfaces are missed.

ICON_BBQ.png

4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly

Not quite sure what you mean.

Your image looks like the BBQ has a stainless steel surface.

If you mean this is missing when you use the object in another file, then you need to check your loaded libraries to ensure you have those texture images loaded.

If not in a loaded library, they may be in the embedded library of the original file but not in the new one.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hello Barry, yes, it contain stainless, thermomether surfaces. When i load the object to librairy, the surfaces names are in but the image is missing. For now, i have to export (append) surfaces from the librairy part maker then append them on the new file then images will be there.

Why surfaces images are not embedded in the part i made in librairy part maker.

I am not super familiar with LPM as I rarely use it and have only played with it in the past.

I believe it uses materials that exist in the current project that you are creating the LPM objects in.

When you then transfer that LPM object to another file, you need to ensure that the new file has the same libraries loaded that contain those texture images for the surfaces.

If the surface material names are there in the LPM object in the new file, then it is either embedding the surface definition in the object (which is my guess) or you also have those material attribute in that file as well (but then you should also have the texture images as well if those surface materials exist in the file).

The texture images are stored in the loaded libraries - they are not part of the surface material definition.

So, check to see if you have the same libraries loaded.

They could also be stored in the embedded library.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

surfaces librairy are embedded in the part and can found them once i import object in new project, but, surface ( image ) are missing. Doesn't make sense, all should be pack i think.