BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

MU Windows.. how to set number of units?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hopefully a really easy question.

In AC 18 & before, there was a setting for the number of horizontal and vertical units in a mulled window assembly. I can't seem to find that with the new AC 19 window settings layout.

Where is it??
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can I saw that I generally dislike the new window settings all together?? You used to be able to set all the window surface settings in one click (uniform settings). Not I have to change it in 5 different locations.
It might depend on what window your using ?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
No. Turn your sill and casing on, and you'll see you have to separately set the model attributes for those as well.

I like being able to set them all differently if needed, but would like the capability of changing them all in one fell swoop, as with previous.
Anonymous
Not applicable
FYI

Hi Steven,

Ricardo let me know you called with an issue about MU windows in ARCHICAD. There is a known issue where you cannot set the number of Horizontal or Vertical units in the new interface. Sorry for the inconvenience. Out product team is aware of the issue and working on it along with other library issues to create a Library Update. There is no ETA a of yet.

For now you may load the ARCHICAD Library 18 alongside the ARCHICAD Library 19. Go to File > Libraries and Objects > Library Manager and click the "Add" button. Browse to the ARCHICAD 18 folder and highlight the "ArchiCAD Library 18" folder and click "Choose". If you are asked to Consolidate, choose "Load Anyway" instead. You will have duplicates, but the ARCHICAD 18 Windows will function as they did before and the other ARCHICAD 19 windows will still work as they are designed.

When a Library Update is issued from GRAPHISOFT, you will see a notification to download and install the update. Then you may then simply use the "Migrate Libraries" button in the Library Manager and all duplicate objects resulting from the 2 side by side libraries will be cleaned up at that time.

Best regards,
Learn and get certified!