Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Multi-group Sequential Numberer

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.
While working on a project with several parking floor levels and having to number each one from 1 to over 500 quite a few times as the project changed; I searched for a solution here and the object depository. The closest thing I found was the Polyline Parking Spaces (which is a great great object indeed, and this work is based on that idea) but since some floor levels where the same (used linked files for floor leves as only numbers changed) it turned out to be half as useful, and lacking some options I needed. I even modified it to show only the numbers, but the code isn't explained enough and my grasp of GDL is not THAT advanced to modify it enough with the other options I needed. What I really like about that object is the ability to add and remove points on the fly from the polyline... something I really tried (like in a hundred different ways) but just couldn't make it work. In fact, there are some hotspots hidden to add and remove points (open the library part and enable them), but they don't work yet.

So, after a lot of search (and no finding what I was looking for), and research in the forum, I decided to make my own object. A lot of thanks go to the people here. Some of the used threads are in the comments script of the library part.

It has a lot of options for you to play with. Number groups of spaces, add subgroups, subtotals, grand total, number using only nodes, show node coordinates, etc. It also has a couple of warnings in there (object should be placed at 0,0, and rotation kept to 0°; part of the code to do this automatically is there, but decided not to implement it.

I've been using it in production and fixed some bugs. If you find any, let me know. The code is commented so you can add or remove stuff if you want; but if you make a useful contribution to it, please, post it back.

I hope you find it helpful (as I found other people with the same need)

You can also download it form the object depository.
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/object_depository.php?browse=Depository/01%20General/Graphic%20S...

Best regards.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice work! This is a great tool for any kind of spacing.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm glad you liked it.
I made a couple of small bug fixes. The update thing in the depository gave back errors a few times, but I guess I finally got it right.