cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

NICHE PARAMETERS

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been unable to find a set of parameters that will work with "W NICHE Round" found in wall extras in AC9.

Has anyone used this object and if so how?

Thanks for any help,

Craig
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Craig wrote:
I have been unable to find a set of parameters that will work with "W NICHE Round" found in wall extras in AC9.
Probably all you need to make sure of is that the Arc Depth is less than the wall thickness

Woody
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Woody - I was assuming that the niche could be deeper than the wall - wrong again! I appreciate the help

Craig
Djordje
Ace
Craig wrote:
Thanks Woody - I was assuming that the niche could be deeper than the wall - wrong again!
Could it really be deeper than the wall?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Craig wrote:
Thanks Woody - I was assuming that the niche could be deeper than the wall - wrong again!
Could it really be deeper than the wall?
Djorde,
Yes actually, it can be and most often probably will be deeper than the wall. Deep Niches generally occur in the furred space between two walls. Unfortunately, this object is scripted to only recognize the thickness of the wall its placed in. You can force it to be deeper than the wall but the 2D symbol will display "invalid parameters."

A little rescripting could fix this - probably a good candidate for an object "fix" by Graphisoft.

thanks,
Dan K