Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Object change surface when trimmed

kajnorberg
Booster

Hi!

We have a house object (GDL object) we use for sketching early stages. To make sloping roofs we use the ordinary Archicad roof to which we trim the object. However, when the object is trimmed with a roof not going to the edge of the object, the surface material changes to concrete slabs (see attached image). Why does this happen? And how do we avoid it?

Additional info that may or may not be needed:

• Building material is set in the Archicad object with an array.
  • No other surface overrides are used.
  • Building material can vary in the same object.
  • The material shown in the cut (concrete slabs in the image) is based on the material selected in the Model Override Surfaces, despite this being turned off.
  • EDIT: The object is modeled with the PRISM_ command.
  • EDIT: The object does not react on SEO, which I guess is a separate issue.

Thank you!

Kaj

Skärmbild 2023-03-27 143223.png
Archicad 24-26 SWE
Dell Precision 5560
Windows 11 Pro
5 REPLIES 5
kajnorberg
Booster

@MinhNguyen  

Hi, I'm not sure if you're the right person to tag, but are you aware if this is a known bug?

Thank you

Kaj

Archicad 24-26 SWE
Dell Precision 5560
Windows 11 Pro

Hi Kaj,

Sorry for the confusion, but I no longer work for Graphisoft. Please reach out to the local support in your area for further investigation on this matter.

Looking at your problem, I feel like this was a limitation with the way how SEO works. Even if you disable surface override, it's possible that it will still be shown if the object is cut with SEO. If you enable surface override and change it to something else, can it be an acceptable workaround? Or maybe I haven't understood the question fully.

BIM Manager
DKO Architecture - HCMC

Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding, my bad!

Yes, that is the workaround we use now, but it doesn't always work unfortunately.

Archicad 24-26 SWE
Dell Precision 5560
Windows 11 Pro

Hmm, that's interesting. If that happens with your own GDL object, I suggest jumping into the Developer forum, as they will be able to help you with such topic

BIM Manager
DKO Architecture - HCMC

No, unfortunately not. We have a local reseller looking into it, so hopefully it'll be resolved.

Archicad 24-26 SWE
Dell Precision 5560
Windows 11 Pro