Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Objects disappear

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've experienced that objects (library parts) suddenly disappear fraom my model. In the floorplan they leave a spot, but when I select this spot, it's impossible to open the settings. The 3d view also show that the object is missing. Are there someone that has an idea about what cause this?
And are there some way to correct it without having to put all the objects back one more time.
I've done that once, and now it seem like I have to do it again with the same objects. All the objects that suddenly disappear, has been downloaded from Archibaseplanet. Objects from ForaForm. Helland and Offect are still there. So it's actually all the objects from Archibaseplanet that has this problem.
15 REPLIES 15
Djordje
Ace
To make the matters worse, stairs coming from 10 for example and use in 12 are not recoginized as the stairs. Even after you open them in 12 and edit, they are still treated as objects.

Did not try with the latest hotfix; I will re-report if it still happens.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have now got an answer from Archibaseplanet. All their objects are made in the AC9-version. I have tried to just open the objects as an object, and save it in the AC12 as an object. My objects have not disappeared again. But it's too early to say if this really will help.
Claudio Lima
Booster
hi !

i'm having exactly the same problem, and still have no solution !

one day it was ok, and in the next morning, surprise !!! not one single object !

AC12
MBpro 10.5

claudio lima
since ARCHICAD 3.42 to ARCHICAD 26
Rakela Raul
Participant
maybe the new lib hotfix (soon to come i think) will fix this problem ??

but if you guys continue to find errors, I better find a very comfortable chair
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've updated my AC12 with a long list of patches (hotfixes?), but the problem is still there.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same behaviour usualy with doors and windows since version 10. I have noticed that when I change versions, e.g. from ArchiCad 11 INT with INT library I migrate to ArchiCAD 11 GREek with Greek Library. Same thing from 11 to 12 etc. I think it is somthing with the internal ID. So the 'D1 Entrance.gsm' in INT lib is recognized correct as the same object from the Greek library with the name 'D1 Εισόδου.gsm' (ID regognition) but the symbol or the 3d does not appear in the model although its parameters are there and the object is in the loaded libraries.
Workaround:
I usually open select all doors then open the object settings dialogue. The floor plan of the last selected??? door magically appears in the preview. Click OK and every door appears on the plan at once, deferent library parts also. Same with windows.
Objects are harder to fix because they are not fixed at once (maybe trick fixing same object type only?)
The problem didn't bother me a lot because of this quickfix and that the migration takes place only once, but I only can imagine this in a big project with 10s of modules how hard it would be.