Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License outage
Dear Customers, We are facing with an outage in our services in Azure. You may experience issues with the Azure-based functions, like licensing, BIMcloud SaaS, Learn Portal. We are working hard on this issue to make it fixed as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Parameters for Listing

Dave Seabury
Advocate
Is there any way to schedule roof pitch? I have a parameter 'pitch' where you enter the value for 'x'...........x/12. I am trying to schedule the value x/12.

pitch = 8
PARAMETERS pitch_for_listing = pitch/12 ....results in .667
PARAMETERS pitch_for_listing = '/12' .........results in /12

Is there any way to get the value of 'pitch' in front of /12? 8/12

Thanks in Advance

David
AC 19-24 Windows 10 64 bit, Dell Prercision 7820, Xeon Silver 2414R ( 12 Cores), 64 GB Ram, Quadro RTX 4000 8GB
5 REPLIES 5
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Dave:

You need to combine the numerical value with the text, so your code should be something like:
PARAMETERS pitch_for_listing = pitch + "/12"

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Dave Seabury
Advocate
Thanks David

I'll give it a try.

David
AC 19-24 Windows 10 64 bit, Dell Prercision 7820, Xeon Silver 2414R ( 12 Cores), 64 GB Ram, Quadro RTX 4000 8GB
Dave Seabury
Advocate
David

I'm getting a "incompatible type expressions" error. The value for the pitch has to be a dimension or a real number and the pitch_for_listing is a text value, so i think this is where the error is coming from. I tried looking through the GDL help file to see if i could convert the pitch value to text but didn't come up with anything. Do you know if this can be done?

Thanks for your input

David
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Make the pitch_for_listing as a string type parameter.
Then you could use for example;

pitch_for_listing= str(pitch,1,0) + '/12'
parameters pitch_for_listing= pitch_for_listing

Hope this works / helps.

Rehards, Juha
Dave Seabury
Advocate
Juha,

That worked.........Many thanks

David