cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Parameters grouped under "2D Representation"

Craig Bagley
Contributor
I'm using AC9. Occasionally I try editing an object's 2D parameters listed under "2D Representation" in the Parameters Panel and nothing happens. Currently I'm working on an object called Beam2_1 SE9. In the Parameters Panel, the Contour Pen and Material are listed above the "2D Representation" group, and the object responds to those parameters. However, under "2D Representation", there are fills and pens for the fills, none of which seem to have any affect on the object in either the floor plan or elevations. "Use Symbol Linetypes/Attributes", etc. are checked in the object's panels below the Parameter Panel.

Another odd pattern with this particular object is the section pen colors use the Section Panel's colors even when "Use Symbol Section Attributes" is checked.

Why can't I get the parameters listed under "2D Representation" (in this case, Fill Type, Fill Pen and Fill Background Pen) to work on this object (and on rare occasion, other objects)?
AC20 USA/Build 8005
15" MBP, 16 GB RAM
macOS 10.13.6
1 REPLY 1
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Craig:

I opened this library part, and the parameters you refer to are not used in the 2D Script, so they are not going to do anything. Out of curiosity I opened the same part in ArchiCAD 10 (Beam 2_1 10) and found the same thing. These parameters should have been hidden. If you know some GDL, you could alter the 2D Script to get these parameters to work, but only when Rotation Angle = 0. When the Rotation Angle is <> 0, then the 2D Script is using the Project2 command, which is like seeing the part in the 3D window.

Don't kill the messenger.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14