Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Poly2 and fill patterns

Gary Lawes
Participant

I have only just registered with Architalk, so this question may have been placed before, I appologise if it has.

The issue I have is with the Poly2 (and all its varients) in AC 8.1 R2, I just cannot seem to get it to display fill patterns, any clues?
AC 17
Windows 7 Pro
Intel i7-2600
16GB RAM
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Please post the GDL script so we don't have to guess what might be wrong with it.

Guess #1: Did you declare a fill before the POLY statement? For example FILL `Solid Fill`
Gary Lawes
Participant
Thanks Mathew,

There is no problem with the script and applies to any use of the poly command, try this for an example:-

Poly2_b 5, fil_pat, fil_pen, bg_pen,
A,0,1,
A,B,1,
0,B,1,

where fil_pat, fil_pen and bg_pen are fairly self explanatory.

I have had a thought since publishing this, and this is that it could be graphic card related, as similar issues happened on earlier releases of AC with certain cards, although this is common to every machine I am using and was not a problem with 7.0.

Cards being used -

NVIDIA Geforce FX5200

Matrox Millenium flex 3D

ATI mobility radion (laptop)
AC 17
Windows 7 Pro
Intel i7-2600
16GB RAM
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think I see your problem.

The second parameter in which you have the variable fill_pat is a binary flag to draw the outline only (a value of 1), the fill pattern only (2), or both (3). I assume from your variable name you are using it to assign a fill pattern which is not its function.

Remember that you also need to declare the fill pattern using the FILL statement before the POLY2 statement.
Gary Lawes
Participant
Thanks Mathew,

I can be such a dork sometimes !! Completely misinterpreted the Poly2_A and poly2_B syntax (not at all difficult with the GDL book) should have refered to DNC's.

Best wishes

Gary
AC 17
Windows 7 Pro
Intel i7-2600
16GB RAM