Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Poor Quality Control for US libraries

archislave
Enthusiast
Well, it is almost impossible to get any work done without emailing support. I clicked to place a basic single hung window using the 10 template and 10 library. Her is the rediculous result I get when placing it. When I look at it in 3d I get all sorts of errors - mostly about trim. Why would they have released a product with defaults that produce such errors??

Part of the wall line is also covered up.

Picture 3.png
Archislave

archicad 26.0 US, M2 Macbook Air
5 REPLIES 5
TomWaltz
Participant
Looks kind of like a vinyl window.
Tom Waltz
archislave
Enthusiast
It is a default single hung wood/plastic window that 90 % of the industry uses. Anyway, why does it protrude into the room? I did not change any settings. This is just how the released such a product!
Archislave

Anonymous
Not applicable
Check your placement methods settings.
These are set in the window tool settings
not in the library part parameters.
Peter Devlin
archislave
Enthusiast
O.K. It was set to inward 4" by default template. I wonder why? Anyway, I did not pay attention to that since I always work with 4" or 6" thick walls.

Thanks!
Archislave

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
O.K. It was set to inward 4" by default template. I wonder why?
I think it has to do with the Wall Types, under General Settings. This is according to GS:

Wall Types:
You have to set this parameter correctly prior to placing the window in a wall. The value of this parameter and the type of the wall in which you want to place the object has to match since the 3D model and the 2D symbol of the window will change significantly according to this setting. There are four types of walls to choose from: Solid wall, Stud wall, Stud Wall with Siding, and Brick Veneer Wall.

Cheers,
Link.