Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Problems with Sliding Door Library Parts in ArchiCAD 8,9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anybody else noticed that most or all of the library parts under Object Library 9 -> Special Doors 9 -> Sliding Doors 9 have been really buggy in the way that they draw the doors inaccurately and without detail in plan and 3D since version 8? In 7 they seemed to work great. Is there an easy way to fix them in 9 or should I just continue to load the ArchiCAD 7 library just for these doors.
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could you be more specific?
Could you post a screen shot and show the problem on it?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
Could you be more specific?
Could you post a screen shot and show the problem on it?
Attached is an example of what I was speaking about. This is the D2 Sliding Library part. Notice the ArchiCAD 7 library part the door panels are drawn with the correct overlap and detail for the door panel selected. This accuracy also carries through to the 3D. In the ArchiCAD 8 & 9 library part the panels are drawn wrong in plan and 3D. They should have more detail (like the ArchiCAD 7 symbol to reflect panel choice) and they should overlap instead of touch at the corners like real sliding doors. I didn't go through and retest all of the symbols but from what I remember this problem effected every slider in the library under: Object Library 8 or 9 -> Special Doors 8 or 9 -> Sliding Doors 8 or 9. I use the Mac OS X platform and have the latest versions of all three ArchiCAD Versions.
ArchiCAD Sliders.gif
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I see what it is.
There was another issue similar to this, but with another type of Window:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=4533&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

I think we should report this just as we did it with the other one.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27