Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Profiled sheets set as wall and roof

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've download from GDL Object Depository the GDL profiled sheets. But I can't fix it to set a profile as wall or roof. So I can't place doors and other objects in it. Is there any solution for my problem to fix it?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Please see this thread containing a discussion of the issues
involved in your problem.
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=118799&highlight=board+batten#118799

After reading the above thread, I suggest one approach. (see attachment)
This assumes you have AC 10 or later because polywalls can receive
windows and doors.
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't get the hang of it. It's to difficult for me right now, maybe later I will be able to fix it with your reply.

Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am sorry to hear that. Perhaps Master Script can explain to you
how to deal with door and window openings using his
library parts. I do not have "Profiled Sheet" but if the width
of panel can be adjusted then one could install a panel that
is the width of a window and extending up to the window sill.
Then another panel the same width is placed above the window
and extends to the top of the wall.
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
That's the easy way to fix it. I have to explode the object before I can cut a piece out of the object. But this solution isn't a BIM solution. I have to be more educated in archicad. I'm gonna try the archicad tutorials.
Anonymous
Not applicable
First of all, why don't you use walls/slanted walls with a profiled sheet-texture? This way you can use the regular windows.
You can finetune the floorplan-display by using composites. Especially the AC13 fit-to-skin option can help you displaying a correct profiledsheet representation.

Otherwise you can do a SEO on the GDL Object, but you will need to patch the floorplan.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oke thanks that's a nice solution. I have now 2 problems, how to fix it with fit-to-skin function. And I can't see the profile of the wall on the sides screen.