BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Railing not showing up

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to put a railing on a deck but the deck is 3" below the first floor level. When I put the railing on the deck (associative or not associative) it disappears. I can still select it, but it won't show up on my drawings. It will however show up when I put the railing at 0" above first floor, but I want it attached to the deck, not floating above it.
8 REPLIES 8
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Can you post a screenshot that shows the settings in the Floor Plan Symbol Layout panel of Railing Settings Dialog?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here are the setting on that railing.
alemanda
Advocate
Since yesterday I'm getting the same problem. I cannot draw any railing. Better, I can draw the railing but when I finish it, it desappears.
I started this new project using the settings of the latest (working) opened project file.
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
sinceV6
Advocate
Hi.
Probably due to the elevation below its home storey. Read this thread and see if the same applies to the railing.

Best regards.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think I figured it out.
When you place the Railing a certain distance below the current Story (which is its Home Story), then its Reference Line will be in One Story Lower, and since it is fully in the vertical range of that Story, that Story will be its Relevant Story. So its Home Story will be an "Above Relevant Story". So in the Floor Plan Display Layouts fields you need to set a different option for the "Above Relevant Story" field because currently it is set for the below break Mark portion of the Railing to be hidden. The best options would probably be the "No Break Mark: Visible" option.
There is a clip that talks about these settings of the Railing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9x6jvHqSZQ&list=PLnXY6vLUwlWWfi_uS2BwmRUa5VJkEmrZO&index=10
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
alemanda
Advocate
Thanks
I'll give it a try and check those settings.
It means that in 3D view I should view it at least ... and that's the problem. I don't see it even starting modeling in 3D.
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
mhmorgado
Booster
Bump. I have this exact problem at the moment. Looking for eventual causes and solutions. Any luck?
runxel
Legend
mhmorgado wrote:
Bump. I have this exact problem at the moment. Looking for eventual causes and solutions. Any luck?
So, you don't see it in 3D or in plan?
For 2d you have to mangle with its display settings as already described in this thread, and also have a look into your MVO.

Not being able to see it in 3D can have different reasons:
For one you might have migrated the project. If you migrate projects, and there are new tools, they will be deselected in the "Filter elements in 3D" menu (right click on the 3D view in the organisator).
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Learn and get certified!