cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Read Only Status Check

Hi,

Does anyone know of any way for the text and data addons to check the read only status of a file when it is being opened and returning that information to the script so that an exception can be coded that will not allow a read only file to be opened as WO or WA.

Currently if you try to open a file that is read only in WO or WA mode an 'Open Error (file already used)' error will appear and the GDL object will not be drawn.

Alternatively, when you open a project that is read only a warning indicating 'The project currently cannot be opened for writing because:' appears. Is there a REQUEST or GLOBAL that I can query to find this information?

Kind Regards,
Danny
3 REPLIES 3
Frank Beister
Advisor
AFAIK no. This could be part of a better or even any error exception handling with AddOns, esp. with file opening commands. Should be a main wish for GDL improvements.
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all - It's newbie question time!

In ArchiCAD 10, every time I open certain views, two things happen.

First, I get a Warning! box that says:
Open error (file already used) while operating on the file 'DB_List_202.gdl'.

Next, a Report window pops up, saying:
" Elapsed time : 0 seconds
Finished generation of Section/Elevation.
End time : 7/02/2007 9:55:42 AM
Elapsed time : 11 minutes 2 seconds"

My questions:
How can I track down the source of this error?
Is there any fix for the error you can suggest, given this very scant information (i.e. is this a common or known problem)?
Also note that I know nothing abour GDL except that it exists and I would someday like to learn more, so please dumb down any GDL related answers...

The project I am working on is a VERY messy compilation of 2D and 3D, much of it imported from both AutoCAD and older versions of ArchiCAD. It's already a nightmare to work on, without having extraneous errors slowing me down further...

Thanks for any helpful thoughts that you may have!

Regards,

CaveArc
Anonymous
Not applicable
Further info. I just found in another Report:

Projection : Front view
*** User Break ***
Elapsed time : 0 seconds
Finished generation of Section/Elevation.
Elapsed time : 11 minutes 2 seconds
Beginning generation of Section/Elevation:
Start time : 7/02/2007 10:04:10 AM
Open error (file already used)
while operating on file 'DB_List_202.gdl'.
User break
at line 2 in the 3D script of file Master_GDL_db202.GDL.
User break
at line 1 in the Master script of file MASTER_GDL_DWGREG.GDL.
User break
at line 1 in the Master script of file Master_GDL_wb202.GDL.
User break
at line 1 in the Master script of file Masterend_GDL_db202.GDL.
User break
at line 1 in the Master script of file Masterend_GDL_wb202.GDL.

Thanks again!
CA