Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

!Restored: Electrical Installation Graphic Symbol Library

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am looking for a Electrical Installation Graphic Symbol Library for AC9.
Does it exist somewhere? Thanks...
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Does this silence mean that everybody does there own library? I will just assume it does.
I think this is the only major weakness i noticed so far with AC. The library sources are quite poor. (Correct me if I am wrong)
Djordje
Ace
They are probably waiting for you to find the Electrical symbols in the standard library ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
They are probably waiting for you to find the Electrical symbols in the standard library ...
section 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am sorry but i cannot find it. I have looked everywhere.
Thanks for the help though.
Anonymous
Not applicable
patricprz wrote:
I am sorry but i cannot find it. I have looked everywhere.
Thanks for the help though.
Why not take advantage of the new (in 9.0) Find Library Part capability?

In the Object Default Settings dialogue box click on the little arrow to the right of where it says "Folder View" and choose "Find library parts". Type in the name of a typical part (or part of a name) and click the Find button.

Once you have placed a part in the drawing if you select the part and open the object settings you will see where all the electrical symbols are.

Woody
Anonymous
Not applicable
Woodster

I have done that already. I have searched every corner of my PC and there is nothing. I went through everything in my library containing the letter "E" and I promise you i do not own or have ever owned a symbol library. (your honor)

I think my library is incomplete - i also dont have the redline cloud that is shown in the helpfile. Where can i get the Standard library?
Anonymous
Not applicable
The only other thing that I can think of would be if you went through the training guide and you have that library, which is very limited, loaded instead of the "Object Library 9.pla" loaded. Have you checked in the Library Manager?

Woody
Anonymous
Not applicable
Woodster you are a genius! Thank you.
The world needs more people like you! (The White House does def.)

I have been using the TG library alll along. The problem is that now i have hundreds of duplicates in the library load dialog. what do you think would be the best way of cleaning up a file with missing and duplicate library files?
Anonymous
Not applicable
The problem is that now i have hundreds of duplicates in the library load dialog. what do you think would be the best way of cleaning up a file with missing and duplicate library files?
Only load the archicad 9 library and not the TG library and this should get rid of your duplicates (in the library manager click on the TG library and chose remove). If the TG library has parts that are not in the archicad 9 library that you have place in you model you will need to take those parts out of the TG library folder and load them as well.