Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Roof surface tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do you change the shape of the roof surface when you drop it in from the library? I just drops in as a trapazoid with a square hole punched in it. I can change every variable except the shape
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
E. wrote:
How do you change the shape of the roof surface when you drop it in from the library? I just drops in as a trapazoid with a square hole punched in it. I can change every variable except the shape
Don't drop it in. As with all 'accessories', they need to be applied by the appropriate add-on - and will then automatically configure to match the associated model elements.

Select your roof(s) first. Then go to the Extras menu as shown in the attached screenshot.

Be aware that certain roof forms (tiles, for example) have tons of polygons and will slow down 3D generation ... so if that's what you're after, I suggest putting the accessory in a separate layer that you only turn on when you really need it.

Have fun,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the help! You saved me tons of time.
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you want to save another ton, go to Objects Online and purchase VF's Roof Object. I recently used it on a project and I found it easier to comprehend and use. It looks better and renders faster. Duane knows his stuff, follow and cut time.

TileKit, VF

TileKit offers some of the most parametric roof tile objects available. One tile object can produce a multitude of shapes and outlines for creating authentic tile roofs. From hips to gables and from shingles to spanish tile, the TileKit can make your buildings come alive. Much more convincing than roof planes with flat tile textures.

By: Visual Frontiers