cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Room Name object

Jere
Expert
Hi. Attached is a image of the formatting we use for our room names. We use the top one with rooms that have short names and the bottom one when we need two lines. It's just text and lines grouped together. I know it's not an efficient way of doing things, but we like how it looks. I know next to nothing about GDL, so hopefully you can help.

Would it be simple to make this an object where I can just type the room names in and if it needs to go to a 2nd line that the line separating the room name and number would automatically change size?

I've just started using zones, so maybe in the future it can be part of a zone stamp or maybe even just take the info from a zone? But ignoring that for now, any advice on how to make this object?

Many thanks.

room name.JPG
ArchiCAD 26; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 64GB RAM, GeForce GTX 3060
1 REPLY 1
Jere wrote:
Would it be simple to make this an object where I can just type the room names in and if it needs to go to a 2nd line that the line separating the room name and number would automatically change size?
"Simple" if you're familiar with GDL; could be painful if you aren't. If you're curious enough, I suggest opening an existing Zone object and studying the 2D script (that's how I learned). Or perhaps someone with some extra time will be kind enough to guide you...
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004