Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Rotating in the X direction

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good Morning
I’m building objects using slabs/walls/mesh. After I’m done with the object I would go into the 3d projection setting and adjust the top view angles to match with my side view in part tricking ArchiCAD 10 into rotating the project about the X axis.
The rotate tool under the edit move command rotates the object about the Z-axis
I’m looking for a way to rotate the group originally in the xy direction about the X-axis to turn the top view into a side view.
Thanks.

Gate in XY direction.jpg
12 REPLIES 12
You're trying to save what you've built as an object that you can place upright, correct? And you don't mean it to be a Door?

You want your 3D projection to be an 'Elevation'. Assuming the top of the gate is UP on the screen, the camera should be at the top, 90º.

I have a feeling there's more to your question, so we'll see how it goes.
James Murray

Archicad 27 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Anonymous
Not applicable
I’ve created many objects already and I did what you have suggested (changing the z to 90). What I’m looking for is the ability to rotate elements about the x-axis without having to mess with the 3d projection settings.
Refer to my diagram please:
Step 1 construct the outer part using a mesh.
Step 2 rotate about the X axis
Step 3 enabling me to insert a cylindrical object to create the bars.

By figuring out how to rotate about the X and Y-axis I would be able to tilt up any object creation off of the ground level. So far all I can do is rotate about the z-axis.
One possibility would be to follow the old method used by AutoCAD, if I was to construct this in AutoCAD I would reset my xyz coordinates so that I would be working in an X and Z plan instead of an X and Y Plan
Picture 2.png
Jeff wrote:
What I’m looking for is the ability to rotate elements about the x-axis without having to mess with the 3d projection settings.

...if I was to construct this in AutoCAD I would reset my xyz coordinates so that I would be working in an X and Z plan instead of an X and Y Plan
I'm sorry to tell you there's no rotation about an arbitrary axis in AC. We don't have that kind of coordinate system flexibility.
Step 3 enabling me to insert a cylindrical object to create the bars.
The object 'Cylinder' 10 in 13 Special Construction / Basic Shapes can have any angle relative to the XY plane. Helps?
James Murray

Archicad 27 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for the try
Anonymous
Not applicable
you can do just that with archiforma.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Or you could save it as an GDL object.
Build your model in 2d planview as you describe in point 1.
The goto 3d view and use orthogonal view (don't have ArchiCad installed rigth now because of computer issue so I can't controll what name it has).
Set your camera to view from north to south, so it look like you look at your object from above.
And then save this as an GDL object.

Or second way is to use the complexprofilertool if it's a onetime object for this project only.

/Tobias
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I think I have a similar problem. I'm in elevation, and I'd like to rotate a floor slab for an auditorium space. Unfortunately, most of the move/reshape options are greyed out. I'm new, I'm sure there's a simple solution.

See attached photo

Thanks!
Picture 1.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Have you tried the roof tool instead of a slab?
Erich
Contributor
As juha says, you must use the roof tool. The slab tool does not have the ability to slope.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K