cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Scripting problem w/ Skylight

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'va added parameters to the one of the standard Skylight objects to include it in a schedule, which I have working fine. I'm trying to get text to show on the 2D outline on the floor plan w/out using the label tool. I don't want the leader line (I don't understand why you can't turn that off).
when I turn "Display text" on, the 2D symbol doesn't appear. The 2D full view looks good and I have the 2 text positions in the "Parameters script"
yet it doesn't display in the Object settings.
I'm at a loss as to what to do, can anyone lend some instruction.

XP AC1010
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Chris:

Based on your description, I am not positive of the result you trying to achieve. The text scripted (added?) at the bottom of the 2D Script window will appear only when the Floor Plan Display parameter is set to Symbolic View, as at the top of the script there is the statement: if AC_symb_display_option = 3 then goto 100: ! Symbolic 2D (see the Master Script for how this is set). If you want this text to appear with other Floor Plan Display parameter options, then you will need to call it from the other parts of the 2D Script where these options are scripted.

If this is not the issue, then you will need to post more information.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David,

Thanks, I was unable to get time on this yesterday but it seems I had it correct. When I opened today it appeared fine. I'm not sure why the part did not refresh when saved, maybe the library needs to reload after editing?
I had it set to "symbolic" already as I'm after a very basic outline to show on the floor plan below. Works great.
Thanks for your reply. Chris
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Chris:

Reloading should not be necessary in this case, I did not need to do it when modifying your part to see the changes. But, who knows?, as long as it works.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14