Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

SemiArch/EllipseArch GDL Settings

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've copied the W Ellipse Arch Opening and made it into a door (named D Ellipse Arch Opening) so we can have elliptical doors that work with our automatic schedules. We also use D Semi Arch Opening for our arched openings. The semiarch parameter for arch height is header to shoulder and the ellipsearch parameter is sill to shoulder. I'd like to change the semiarch setting to match, so they are the same on the schedules. Does anyone know how I can do this easily in GDL? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Dean:

1. Create a new parameter for this part, give it the variable "bha" (so it matches the D Ellipse Arch Opening parameter, which may help for scheduling and parameter transfer) and the name "Bottom Height of Arch".
2. At the beginning of the Master Script, add the line:
gs_arc_h=B-bha
This will calculate the gs_arc_h variable (named Arc Height) as the difference between the height of the door and the Bottom Height of Arch.
3. After the !!CURVED TOP CALCULATION!! line in the Master Script are some formulas for correcting the arch height based on the width and height of the door so it does not exceed these variables and create an impossible situation. You can work through these if you are concerned about the users entering a wrong Bottom Height of Arch parameter.
4. Since this work is done in the Master Script, the correct values are passed on to the 2D and 3D Scripts, so you should not need to fool with these scripts.
5. Click on the "X" next to the "Arc Height" parameter to hide it in the part's dialog box.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you!!! That works perfectly!
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Dean:

Glad that worked, thanks for letting me know.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14