cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Sharing custom surfaces across projects

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello

What is the most efficient way of making custom made surfaces available across different projects?

I know you can save a file from attributes manager and load into another project, but I was wondering if there is now a way to save custom made surfaces or complex profiles to a centralized database that is immediately accessible to other projects.

Is this feature available in Teamwork? Do people working alone use Teamwork to centralize libraries and to make customized attributes available to all their other projects?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
Attribute Manager is the only means of moving any attributes - such as surfaces - from one file to another. In TW, of course, the user adding the attributes must have access rights and a reservation to modify things.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.8, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Karl, that is what I feared.

Hopefully AC will one day have an attributes manager that can synchronize to a centralized office attributes file folder. Cant be that difficult to do can it?
Karl Ottenstein
You wouldn't think so, but it has been on the wish list for a long time... so who knows when we'll see it... We could still have 'embedded' attributes like now to freeze things... but live-linked attributes (and other settings - such as CineRender scenes) would sure simplify complex projects.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.8, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB