cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Trees in Plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am currently producing a project where the renders have a 'hand-drawn' quality to them which is replicated throughout the diagrams and graphics. However I really want to trees in plan and elevation to have the same quality as the watercolour trees in my renderings from photoshop.

So what I was wondering is can I create an object from a jpeg or png the works in my plans (and a separate one for elevations), but preferably with a transparency to see walls etc that might fall underneath them.

Thanks
1 REPLY 1
rocorona
Booster
Yes, you can. Especially if you know some GDL programming.
But I think the simplest way is to use the Figure tool, where you can set the transparency ON for the placed images. This make the white (absolute white) parts of the image to disappear. The image itself don't need to have real transparency (alpha channel).
If you are looking for "semi-transparency", that is different... may try with fills, but not bitmap images.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10