cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Trouble Calling Macro...help

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am attempting to create a macro script that will fill bookshelves with books when a specific parameter is set. (This is for a bookstore, so I only want to fill the shelves when I need to for graphical representation).

I have successfully inserted the script into the 3D script of a couple of my objects; however, when I try to call it as a macro, nothing happens. My shelves remain empty, yet I get no error messages.

I've tried saving the script as a macro object, and also as a gdl script. Neither seems to work. I really prefer to call it as a macro instead of having to insert this entire script into a few dozen different objects.

I've searched through all the reference guides and tutorials... maybe I'm just missing something simple??? Any help is appreciated.

Currently using AC 11.
Calling the script by CALL "BookScript" PARAMETERS ALL
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Post the calling object and the macro in a ZIP file and I will take a look at it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
After struggling with this most of the night, I found that the problem was in passing my parameters to the macro. Once I finally went to bed, I was laying there, and it dawned on me that there were some really good reasons to leave the script as a SUB instead of calling it as a MACRO anyways.

- there is a parameter to specify the percentage of the shelves to fill, as a SUB in each object, I can specify different amounts for each object, creating a more realistic look.

- This allows me to turn it on/off at the object level. I really only need to have the books on for rendering, and this way I can turn them on for the objects in view instead of every single object in the project.

So after all that.... I'm back to just inserting it as a SUB.

Thanks anyways for the offer to help!!!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
OK.
Glad it worked out.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27