Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

URL address from any object???

Anonymous
Not applicable
I read about the possibility of adding a URL address to any object in the "Library Design" guide - has anyone had success in making this work???

http://download.graphisoft.com/ftp/techsupport/documentation/developer_docs/BasicLibraryDoc/LibDevGu...

The guide suggests, "...Since ArchiCAD 7.0 you can refer to a URL address from every object. The address of the referenced web page should be written in the first line of the Comment Window. If there's no web page defined there the default address will be displayed (http://www.graphisoft.com/gdlobjects). This a great possibility to provide online documentation for a library..."

I've attempted this, but my specific URL does not replace the standard graphisoft link - It only shows up in the comment window.

I would like to add product specific web links for objects I develop for my own personal use - this would be a good way to have immediate access to the manufacturer's specs I used when creating the object.

Any ideas?

thanks,
Dan K
2 REPLIES 2
The URL has to be preceded by "#", and has to be the first text in the comment script. Works for me. If I have text before the URL, it doesn't appear in the field, and I get a crash on clicking the globe button.

HTH,
James Murray

Archicad 27 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Anonymous
Not applicable
James wrote:
The URL has to be preceded by "#", and has to be the first text in the comment script. Works for me. If I have text before the URL, it doesn't appear in the field, and I get a crash on clicking the globe button.

HTH,
James,
Thanks, that works perfectly!

Dan K