cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Use of displayParam in the HOTSPOT

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is a opportunity to use in HOTSPOT additional parameter which edits the key parameter.

HOTSPOT2 x, y [, unID [, paramReference, flags][, displayParam]]

And now I study this opportunity. For study I have taken an element "North Symbol 10" from my national library and from library INT. But it did not work correctly. Then, being based on it script, I have created two elements-examples and then have corrected "North Symbol 10".
Dear members of a forum, I give these two elements on your consideration. Probably, someone can make their script better. As I hope to the aid in use of imperial system of measurement. While these elements are made under metric system of measurement.

The first element - HOTSPOT2_with_dP_Length.gsm.
This element uses in quality displayParam parameter’s type "Length".
It has problem. It does not react to change of system of measurement. Details look in a "Parameter script".

The second element - HOTSPOT2_with_dP_RealNumber.gsm.
This element uses in quality displayParam parameter’s type "Real Number".
Use "Real Number" has helped to avoid mistakes at change of system of measurement. It also has the best kind at different ways of scaling. I think that it will be more suitable at use of imperial system of measurement. I have put preparation of a script for imperial system of measurement in the comment.

If to finish these elements up to perfection they can be placed as examples in GDL Object Depository or on ShelfGDL.

P.S. My respect to Frank Beister for site ShelfGDL.
0 REPLIES 0

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!