Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Velux Roof windows

ArcAngel
Participant
I have been trying to use Velux's roof window object/plug-in but can only find it in Hungarian. Unfortunately my Magyar is very rusty! Has anyone translated this into English - I've searched every one of Velux's international sites and e-mailed every one of them as well - but to no avail.

Here's a link to the object:

http://www.velux.hu/Szakfórum/Építészfórum/Tervezési-segédanyagok/VELUX+CAD/Könyvtárak/
Carlo
AC4.5 - AC 25 (User since 1992)
46 REPLIES 46
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

You can now find Velux Objects in English in the Cat e Online site.
May be a day in french…
Brett Brown
Advocate
Hi, Anyone else getting duplicate Library parts when loading the English Velux object?
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
If You mean the above mentioned....there must be a bug in either GDL browser addon or the server is not configured well...the result is the temporary files are not removed (there are 2 copies of macro set one with normal names and another with the numbers in the filenames - and those are not needed)

Best Regards,
Piotr
Brett Brown
Advocate
Yes, Deleting all the ones starting with numbers results in "can't find macros" in object. Hopefully someone fixes it. Thanks
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Thomas Holm
Booster
Fmr wrote:
You can now find Velux Objects in English in the Cat e Online site.
May be a day in french…
THis must be the worst f-ing Flash website I've ever....
I can't even download the Velux object, despite registering. And what for? no login, no password, whatever. Irritating music, and the Quicktime animation just buzzes. Anybody made this work on a Mac?
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thomas wrote:
THis must be the worst f-ing Flash website I've ever....
I can't even download the Velux object, despite registering. And what for? no login, no password, whatever. Irritating music, and the Quicktime animation just buzzes. Anybody made this work on a Mac?
Thomas,

You don't need to register to download, just make sure you have downloaded the GDL web plugin from the help section of their site. The save button then sort-of works as expected. It just takes a couple of minutes for the save dialog box to appear!

I agree though, it's a fairly user un-friendly site. Anyone know who runs it?

It seems to have a good range of objects, but I don't understand if there is more to it. Do you get access to more objects if you register? Is it just redistributing free objects that are already available? Do they take on commissions to build custom objects? I'm more confused after visiting the site than I was before!
Thomas Holm
Booster
Peter wrote:
... I'm more confused after visiting the site than I was before!
Not a very good review of a web site, is it?

So you need to read the help file to get to the download instructions. Then, despite that it says it works with Safari, when I downloaded the plugin it spends minutes searching for Firefox. So I need to
- look for help
- install and run another browser than the Mac default
- install a slow plugin

No. I'm wrong. The thing crasches Firefox. (latest version). In Safari, it looks all right, but the Save button doesn't make anything happen (at least with the Velux object). And despite that I've registered, there seems to be no way to log in. So I don't know if there's any advantage to registering other than that you give away your e-mail address to some unknown party. (I have a Gmail address for this purpose only)

The embarrassing thing is this seems (to me) to be something Graphisoft?
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree for the music, the animation, and the uneasiest way to download…
In this way too we can say "less is more" and get a lcf or pla file or a library in a folder…

I make a zipped library for the one who will be interested.

Then PM me i will send you.
this would also be my 0,2$ to Graphosoft...
The Gdl web plug is still not updated for Firefox 3,5 ;-(

Caused me to load the mentioned page in IE...
Anyway to the mentioned page author (if reading)..."less is more..." The target is an architect, not a teenager.

Best Regards,
Piotr
Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks to be some nice objects on there. But yes very unfriendly site
Piotr wrote:
this would also be my 0,2$ to Graphosoft...
The Gdl web plug is still not updated for Firefox 3,5 ;-(
We've completely given up on the GDL web plugin, as it seems as though Graphisoft has as well. We've been using this instead spinall.com