Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Viewing GDL Objects in Windows Explorer

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I go into Windows Explorer and look at GDL objects in the thumbnail view, all I get is a generic icon. I have seen on someone else's computer thumbnails of the actual objects. Does anyone know what setting I have to change or what program I need to make this work? Thank you.
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

This prefpane can fix it on MAC.

RCDefaultApp

Hope this helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
how about in windows seven? the GSM is set to open with AC, and the Graphisoft Shell Extension is registered, still no preview!
the explorer plug for viewing previews is incompatible with 64 bit explorer unfortunetely...
I hope for a fix too.

Best Regards,
Piotr
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had preview before the latest fix in Archicad (I use Windows 7 Ultimate) and now I don't. It's really frustrating... I hope someone will find a way to resolve this
mogwa1 wrote:
I had preview before the latest fix in Archicad (I use Windows 7 Ultimate) and now I don't. It's really frustrating... I hope someone will find a way to resolve this
It looks like one fix fixes and the next brakes...lets wait for next fix then 😉
I have no time for this - but I think some mangling with AC installed could fix the problem - like copying to safe location AC with last fix, and then uninstall AC, then install again,and then after restart - pasting back the updated version but leaving the untouched the "Graphisoft Shell Extension" folder inside AC...

Best Regards,
Piotr