Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Wall Accessories Not in Library

toman311
Enthusiast
So, I installed the Goodies package and I've gone through the Library Manager to load it in too. PolyCount works, but it keeps crashing ArchiCAD right before it finishes. I've tried twice already.

So, I just was hoping someone could explain how to get the Wall Accessories tool to work so I can use the wall framing tool.
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
3 REPLIES 3
poco2013
Mentor
Just Double Checking as You probably have already done this?

Even though you installed the goodies, the Accessories Library was not installed. You'll find it in the Archicad Library and is the Accessories Library.lcf file, It must be loaded via the Library Manager, Then the wall Accessories tool will work under design extras.

BTW-- this tool is extremely buggy and generally does not work with complex profile walls with internal connections.

Been reported but response was that its not likely to be fixed. Version 19 seemed to work best but has just gotten more buggy with seceding versions. Unfortunate that Graphisoft does not have a reliable wall framing tool.
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
toman311
Enthusiast
Thanks. I was picking the wrong file name.

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
toman311
Enthusiast
I'm not seeing any info in the Wall Accessories in the ArchiCAD PDF Instructions, but I'm having trouble with the wall framing tool. The bottom plate turns up and almost touches the top plate before it turns to horizontal for a few inches. The end studs still show up, but they are in the space between the bottom and top plate, which is only a few inches.

I don't know how to stop the bottom plate from turning up. I thought I tried all possible setting combinations too.

The framing tool only seems to work when I have "Use Wall Bottom Edge" selected.