cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

angled gdl object?

Geof Gainer
Booster
I'm trying to model this solar collector, angled at 45°.

I built it on the flat, going to 3D to click on view from top, and then adjusting the angle in the 3D window so it'd be saved at 45°. But of course that knocked it out of "top view". Is there a way to save it at an angle?

Or is there a way to save it on the flat, then tilting the whole thing 45° without getting into too much script?

Picture 3.jpg
AC fan since v 7. Currently on AC 26 Build 5003 USA FULL Apple Silicon,. 2022 Mac Studio, 32G ram. OS X 12.6.2
6 REPLIES 6
Stress Co_
Advisor
Geof wrote:
Or is there a way to save it on the flat, then tilting the whole thing 45° without getting into too much script?
ArchiROTATE
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Stig Bengtsson
Participant
Geof wrote:

I built it on the flat, going to 3D to click on view from top, and then adjusting the angle in the 3D window so it'd be saved at 45°. But of course that knocked it out of "top view". Is there a way to save it at an angle?

If you don't have ArchiRotate and want to create your object without any script you can do a double save:

First save your model looking at it from the side and then place the resulting object on its edge in the plan view and save it again from the desired angle.

Stig
Architect AIA RIBA SAR/MSA, Graphisoft Registered Consultant
AC19 SWE 7006
AC20 SWE 4012
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Geof wrote:

OBJECTiVE will do this very well. Simply select the object, click the OBJECTiVE/Rotate menu, set the rotation axis and angle (much as you would do for 2D rotation), and that's it. The rotated object will display with hotspots in 2D and 3D for easy snapping. and you can also use OBJECTiVEs Split tool if you want to cut portions off.
http://www.encina.co.uk/objective.html
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems
Geof Gainer
Booster
Stig wrote:
If you don't have ArchiRotate and want to create your object without any script you can do a double save:

First save your model looking at it from the side and then place the resulting object on its edge in the plan view and save it again from the desired angle.
Stig
Poetically simple!

Ralph wrote:
OBJECTiVE will do this very well.
Hmm... I have been looking for an excuse to buy that baby.
AC fan since v 7. Currently on AC 26 Build 5003 USA FULL Apple Silicon,. 2022 Mac Studio, 32G ram. OS X 12.6.2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Geof wrote:
....... that baby.
That Baby is full grown now
Rakela Raul
Participant
encina objective great tool indeeed....if Ralph could add the twist with one fixed end..a killer tool !!
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16