Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

awning window

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone know how to get a window like this from one of the standard AC 10 library windows (six panels, one of them awning)
Or should I just define my own window (using slabs not GDL that is)

win.jpg
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't checked the library to be sure, but this looks like a roll your own situation.
Thomas Holm
Booster
It's possible to get a similar window using the basic AC10 window (in the Int library,at least).

But to get full flexibility, different frame settings etc, I prefer to assemble it from individual, stacked windows.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thomas wrote:
It's possible to get a similar window using the basic AC10 window (in the Int library,at least).
Do you have a window called "basic window" in your library? or do you mean any basic window from the library?

I've never tried the stacked window approach, isn't it a hassle to move around and edit?
Thomas Holm
Booster
Hassanen wrote:
Do you have a window called "basic window" in your library? or do you mean any basic window from the library?

I've never tried the stacked window approach, isn't it a hassle to move around and edit?
Well, it's actually called "Basfönster 10". I'm currently using the Swedish object library, which basically is a translation of the INT library. I'm not sure of the INT name, and I can't load the other library at the moment, but I think its the most customizable window at the top level of the window section of the library. Maybe Mats Knutsson or Ben Odonnel can fill in?

I find stacking windows is easy in 10. Use a live S/E or 3D view when editing after placement. With the stacking parameters in the AC10 windows, it's fairly easy to get good displays in all views. Also, I'm fond of the Danish Velfac windows, who are suited to be represented this way. (www.velfac.dk)
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cadimage Door and Window Builder. Very easy. I don't use anything else.

It does have its peculiarities, but is very very flexible.
Anonymous
Not applicable
THOMAS HOLM WROTE: "But to get full flexibility, different frame settings etc, I prefer to assemble it from individual, stacked windows."

Any way to combine stacked windows into a single unit that will read as ONE window in the dynamic window schedule? (besides just mulling them so they look good in 3d)

Because I'm not finding what I need in the Library:
Example A) Fixed Window with Awning below it
Example B) Fixed 4ft window flanked by 2ft awning windows (the Library "Ribbon" option keeps all units the same width as one another)

When I "pair" these using separate windows, it messes up my Window Schedule, as the mfr. wants to see them as "single" combined units...
Any solutions out there?