cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

door swing direction on the COMMERCIAL BATH STALL 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps this was better placed in the GDL section... if so sorry.

Just wondering if there is a way to change the door swing direction on the commercial bath stall 15 object. I realise that I can change it relative to whether it opens inward or outward, but I mean which way it is handed.

Thanks for any help.
6 REPLIES 6
David Maudlin
Rockstar
macitect:

One way to do this is just to mirror the object.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
So I was bored today and it's been a while since I've messed around with scripting. I dug around this objects script and found no way to change the door swing so I decided to see if I could find a way to change it to make it happen. I added a boolean parameter to change the door swing and about 13 lines to each of the 2D and 3D scripts as well as 1 to the master script. Viewing it in the 2d view and 3D view within the library part and changing different parameters to see if it acts the way I think, it should it seems to work fine.

I'm in demo mode so I can't save the part to upload. I can post the changes. macitect, are you comfortable with gdl? If not, is there anyone out there that would be willing to take a few minutes to try my modifications and if they work, post the modified part here for macitect?
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Doug:

You could just use the AC 12 (or earlier) object. There is not much difference between the versions, the earlier version will work in AC 15, and the earlier version will be usable by a greater number of users.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
I took your advice David and redid the script in AC12. I had to change one of the macros as well and it seems to work. I'd like to upload the two files for someone to test but I can't send a gsm. Do I have to send it to an email or is there another way?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Send the 2 files in a ".zip" file.
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Doug:

As andro says, put the files in a folder and zip the folder before attaching to your post.

To avoid conflicts with the ArchiCAD library, both the object and macro should be Saved As... to give them a different name (some will just append their initials to the object's name) and GUID. The macro you modified may be called by other objects, so might break their code.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture