Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Commercial Bath Stall 22 Issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am using the overhead braced stall type, and everything works great until I specify a height for the Footer, or "Division Bottom Height" on the Stall Settings - Elevation page. When I put in a 6" footer, it moves the overhead brace down by the same distance at the divider. As a result, the overhead brace at the front of the stall is correct, but the overhead brace at the divider is 6" too low. Is there a way to prevent this? The overhead brace seems to work fine, if I take out the footer. I prefer to have both. Please advise. Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi gsajohn,

Thank you for posting this issue here, and I'm sorry about this experience!

This is a defect with the Commercial Bath Stall object, unfortunately, this has never been discovered! The culprit of this issue is because there is a missing parameter in its code that makes it neglect the added height.

To fix this object:
- Select the object and go to File > Libraries and Objects > Open Object
- Open the 3D script by clicking the 3D button on the left pane.
- Go to Edit > Find & Replace
- Find and replace the following string:

bottomHeightTopBracing = heightPanel

to

bottomHeightTopBracing = heightPanel + bottomHeightPanel

- Since this is a default ARCHICAD object, you can only save the modified version into the embedded library. But, you can export it to a GSM file to use for other projects by going to Library Manager.

The defect has been recorded as GISS-604. I hope this will help you with the issue! Thank you very much for your finding and have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
See attachment. Looking for any help. Thanks.
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi gsajohn,

Thank you for posting this issue here, and I'm sorry about this experience!

This is a defect with the Commercial Bath Stall object, unfortunately, this has never been discovered! The culprit of this issue is because there is a missing parameter in its code that makes it neglect the added height.

To fix this object:
- Select the object and go to File > Libraries and Objects > Open Object
- Open the 3D script by clicking the 3D button on the left pane.
- Go to Edit > Find & Replace
- Find and replace the following string:

bottomHeightTopBracing = heightPanel

to

bottomHeightTopBracing = heightPanel + bottomHeightPanel

- Since this is a default ARCHICAD object, you can only save the modified version into the embedded library. But, you can export it to a GSM file to use for other projects by going to Library Manager.

The defect has been recorded as GISS-604. I hope this will help you with the issue! Thank you very much for your finding and have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, Minh. I have followed your instructions and saved over the old object, but I don't see any change in my model. Are there any other steps to make the change effective? Please advise. Thanks.

Cheers, John
runxel
Legend
gsajohn wrote:
Are there any other steps to make the change effective?
Most possibly you didn't point to your new object yet.
Go into the object settings and choose your new object from the left pane (from the embedded library).
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Yes, it is correct. You need to replace the placed bath stall with the one that you just saved in the Embedded library in order to have it fixed!

Thank you runxel for pointing out the issue!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Rock on...thanks, guys! Appreciate the help.

Cheers, John