cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

error in 2D view?

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi , i am new to archicad.
I used autcad before.
And i met an error in 2D view.
23 REPLIES 23
Aussie John
Newcomer
You might find it useful to actualy include the object for downloading as the jpgs dont give the full picture.

Also if your lines are not showing up as dashed when scripted to do so try looking in the object settings as there is an option to overide the object lines (and colour) with a general type as selected in the settings.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you,Aussie John.

I guess you imply me to upload pln document, or something else,beacause I am not sure that I get you completly.Poor language.
But the size of ducoument is 856KB,and I am not allowed to do so.

I have three kinds of OBJECT in may library :
1 original object,
2 GDL language writing object by myself,
3 drawing by slab or other tools and save 3D model as...gsm.

Only kind 1 show corectly in 2D view.
Maybe I should open kind 2 and kind 3 ,and add something for 2D view.

One more thing, I can not find which one option is to decide 2D view if it is overide.
David Maudlin
Rockstar
ynwsbox2008:

Looking at the image you posted of the steel part, you already have a line type parameter (variable lt) for what appears to be the center line. You need to add another parameter for the line type for the edges of the steel part, this line_type should be added in the 2D Script before each Rect2 statement. This is my best guess based on the information you posted.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
HI ! David , thank you first.

The problem can be sovled partly following your direction. It view correctly now.

But I have to decide the line type manually. And it will be a mass task
during 2D Script. So I can not use GDL of kind 3 in my libary.

But, I have tried three bed in original library. It looks very well in both 3D

and 2D view. And it works automaticaly, especialy in 2D view, the edges

line hided . It can be aceptable too. It will be good if the hiden line

drawing in broken line automaticaly.
Anonymous
Not applicable
2D view here.
partlyok2.jpg
David Maudlin
Rockstar
ynwsbox2008:

If you want your part to mask in 2D like the bed object you show, then you will need to add a fill to the 2D Script of your part. The bed object uses the POLY2_b command to do this (quite a bit about GDL can be learned by opening ArchiCAD's library parts and looking at how certain results are accomplished). This mask will totally hide the part underneath, as your screen shot shows, no part of the lower bed shows through the upper one. To get a dashed line where the lower part is under the upper part might be accomplished with a diagonal fill with a thick white foreground pen and a transparent background pen (this technique has been discussed elsewhere in the forum, like for showing foundations as dashed in elevations).

HTH

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
HA HA
I find it in original library, something like this:

!! Fill of Cabinet
FILL gs_fill_type
POLY2_B 5,1+2,gs_fill_pen,gs_back_pen,
-a/2,-b/2,n,
-a/2,b/2,1,
a/2,b/2,m,
a/2,-b/2,1,
-a/2,-b/2,-1

HOTLINE2 -a/2,-b/2,-a/2,b/2
HOTLINE2 -a/2,b/2,a/2,b/2
HOTLINE2 a/2,b/2,a/2,-b/2
HOTLINE2 a/2,-b/2,-a/2,-b/2

I am sure I can get "no part of the lower bed shows through the upper one" now.

But I still can not get a dashed line now, will you show me an example of 2D script?
David Maudlin
Rockstar
ynwsbox2008:

You should look at the GDL Reference Guide, at the description of the Poly2 command. I think the issue is the frame_fill variable. The Poly2_B command is similar to the fill tool, with options for fill, foreground pen, background pen, and contour pen. You may need to disable the contour, or change the contour pen line type.

HTH

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much David Maudin.

I made a BLOCK in GDL and place 2 blocks in diffrent height, I can get dashed line now.

But when I place 2 block(with the same length and wide and height) in the same height , I should get both lines(shown in white in picture) dispear, 2 of them appear.

How can I get them diappear?

Is it decided by S in POLY2_? j6? j7?
David Maudlin
Rockstar
ynwsbox2008:

I am not sure what you are hoping to accomplish. The stacking order of the parts in the 2D window has nothing to do with their respective heights in the 3D model. What you will be able to achieve with GDL is the same as if you had 2 fills in the 2D window: one fill can cover the other fill, or the lower fill's outline will show if the upper fill is set to be transparent. The Poly2_B command can achieve what is possible with the fill tool, but does not take into account the position of the parts in the z direction. Maybe with a fuller explanation I can help, or perhaps what you are trying to accomplish is not possible. The j6 & j7 assign the fill to cut or cover type, which relates to the Model View Options, so I don't think these will make a difference.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture