cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

how would you model this blade ?

Rakela Raul
Participant
can you please direct me on how to model this blade??
it has a thin area, a fat area and the tricky thing is the 'twisting' of the one end.
thanku in advance
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
26 REPLIES 26
Dwight
Newcomer
And now those pens sell for $25 and more!!!

There is still nothing to match the satisfaction of a fine graphite pencil sharpened with a knife.
Dwight Atkinson
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Dwight wrote:
Depends who is listening.
You don't see any web site where appealing American women doctors are signing up to be brides in Russia, do you?
My answer is way Off-Topic, but this was an interesting note.
I actually thought about this and my conclusion was that one of the reason that Russian (a former Soviet-country) women try to marry western men is not because they want to live in a wealthier country, but because there are not enough men in their country. Still!!!
In World War II about 50 million people died, and I guess about 30 million of those were from the Soviet Union. And most of those 30 million were men.
Plus, in the Stalin era before, during and after World War II, most of the people sent to the Gulags to die were also men.
If you look at the CIA Factbook or search elsewhere for male-female ratios i nvariosu countries, it tells you that in former countries of the Soviet Union female-male ratio is to this day very out of proportion. So there is just not enough men for women there. I think the worst is in the Baltic states, where the ratio is some 1.1-1.2 women to 1 man.
Of course, the question could arise: in China, when they wanted to force people to have only 1 child, people many times killed their first-born, if it was a girl (it we can believe the news), so many times if they had one child, it was a boy. The fact is that in China, males outnumber females by tens of millions.
So former Soviet females could also hook up with Chinese males.
Maybe there are sites dedicated to this, we just don't know about them because they are written in Chinese.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Reminds me of a story ...

US spent millions researching a ballpoint pen that writes in zero gravity. Russians used lead pencils.
Pencils were used for a while by both sides, but they found that any bits of graphite floating around could short things out! Full story here -

http://www.snopes.com/business/genius/spacepen.asp

Buy your own genuine Fisher space pen here!
Rakela Raul
Participant
now I get it !!

raul rakela, you better draw that blade by hand, cuz ur model looks like cr_p...got it

MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
Dwight
Newcomer
Don't be so hard on yourself.

The major problem in modeling anything is having the measurements. And perhaps the shop drawings as orthographic views, eh? And Archicad lacks a fairing tool.

You can't do an effective model without knowing exactly the shape, since there is very little difference between a 2x4 and a prop blade when seen by six blind men.

Anyone who has put complex shapes into a 3D scanner and extracted the shape knows how difficult that can be when more than one material is involved - the "data cloud" must be rationalized by hand and eye.
Dwight Atkinson
Rakela Raul
Participant
ohh very polite, thanku , thanku Sir..... but i'll take it !!
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also dont under estimate sending an email to a manufactor for a 3DS file. We were working on a project that required wind turbines on the roof and we sent the manufactor an email and a few hours later we had a 3DS file of the actual turbine.