Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

managing librarys??

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok so iv been a AC user for 3 years now.. and my library is starting to piss me off a bit

my library looks like this

AC11 Library
AC12 Library
AC13 Library
AC11 Australian essentials library
AC12 Australian essentials library
AC13 Australian essentials library

im sure that the 13 version of each has everything the 12 versions have along with all the new stuff.. so i see there is no need for me to keep the 11 and 12 librarys.. BUT, all my favorites for EVERY thing is predominately made from the two AC 11 librarys and some from the AC12 librarys.. and if i dont load them up iv got black dots everywhere and cant use my favorites..

can someone step me through how i can fix this (if at all possible) without having to redo my favorites.. (every 12months with teh 2 new librarys)

thanks
gene
1 REPLY 1
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Gene,

I think there's been some discussion about library migration and favorite migration. I try to summarize it.

Library migration is supported with migration libraries. You should not load AC11, AC12 and AC13 libraries together. You should load AC13 lib and the two incremental migration libraries instead. This gives relevant efficiency gain but it won't make you totally comfortable.

Favorite migration isn't solved between incompatible libraries:( So if you don't want to redo you favorites, you have to keep the related library parts. Migration libraries give some aid for that...

I hope migration libraries can ease your work at least a bit.

Regards,
Zsolt
Zsolt Táskai
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
AC13, AC14 and upwards...