cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

missing / doubles with v9 to v11

David Bearss
Booster
Opening a version 9 project with v11 however cannot seem to read some of the library correctly. I have deleted and re-loaded the v11 library a couple of times and am pretty sure the path is correct. However apparently I am missing something.

missing parts.jpg
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
9 REPLIES 9
David Bearss
Booster
Here is floor plan.
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
Get the proper subset library or isolate needed objects making (or opening) a pla of Your project.

Best Regards,
Piotr
David Bearss
Booster
Piotr,
Could you elaborate? Not sure what you mean by subset or about opening a pla. As I understand just open the pla with v11 and select v11 library and they will be converted.
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
Not so fast...unfortunetely...

Some lib parts were either upgraded that much so parameters will not match the old part.

In newer ACs You have the migration libraries - in 14 there are comatibility libs. for 10,11 and 12 parts.

There was no such migration library in 10 for the parts not "upgrading" automatically from ver.9.

There was howerver such AC9 subset library AFAIR it was downloadable from US tech support page (tr.graphisoftus.com...offline now)

You can check the goodies page (from help menu) - probably it was moved there.

Best Regards,
Piotr
David Bearss
Booster
Got it. I will check the goodies page and see what I can find. Otherwise I am beginning to suspect that - as you suggested - library parameters were modified by me in the original pln and consequently do not migrate. In evaluating the missing library parts I am realising that the names are often the name I associated with some favorites in the original pln.
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
David Bearss
Booster
So I re-installed v9 and when opening up the original pln the same parts do not load. Not sure where to turn now. Might have to go windsurfing.
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
Karl Ottenstein
David wrote:
So I re-installed v9 and when opening up the original pln the same parts do not load. Not sure where to turn now. Might have to go windsurfing.
I'm not sure what library you might have been using in the 9 file, as I do not recall any libs that lacked a version suffix. E.g., the door "D1" was always "D1 <doortype> <version number>".

Either you used some special library, or your PLN file itself might be corrupt and not referencing the lib objects by their proper names. Do you have any backups of this 9 project to check out?

(In general, I always save a PLA from the original version of AC - as Piotr suggests - and open that PLA in the new version as the first step of migration. All library parts used in the project are included in the PLA.)
One of the forum moderators
AC 28 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
David Bearss
Booster
I am beginning to see the value of PLA files. I have been poorly managing my files - in the past - as I will certainly be going through and creating pla in the future. Fortunately the projects are small and I am going to modify them anyway so I can easily go through and manually update the missing objects. A good lesson learned.
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
David Bearss
Booster
Just for the record; I reloaded v9 and was still missing the same library parts. Figured out that loading the v9 library director is different than loading the v9 library.pln.
Loading the library.pln loaded all correctly.
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram