cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

v19 DateTime function returning (null)

DGSketcher
Legend
I'm working on a GDL object that would benefit from date tagging but I can't get the date using any of the normal Request syntax methods, even the following example in the GDL manual returns (null)...
dstr = ""
ch = OPEN ("DateTime", "", "%w/%m/%d/%Y, %H:%M%P")
n = INPUT (ch, "", "", dstr)
CLOSE (ch)
PRINT dstr !it prints 3/03/27/1996, 14:36 PM
PRINT GLOB_PROJECT_DATE also returns a set of zero's.

The routines have all been placed in the Master script.

Anyone else aware of this? I would have thought it was fairly critical as a routine. Has something changed recently and I've missed the memo?

I am running v19 on MAC 10.10.4
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
2 REPLIES 2
Gergely Feher
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi,
this request works on my system. I tried it in both 3d and 2d (with text2), and both of them works. Please take care, that print command normally writes to your report window, it does not start a new window like a warning or error.

The global variable of the project date is only works with the energy evaulation, it only gets value by this addon's functions. In normal 2d or 3d it has no value.

Regards,
DGSketcher
Legend
Thanks for the response Gergely. Everything seems to be working in the final code, but I was getting the unexpected responses in the programming domain. It is a while since I flagged this up so my memory has forgotten what I was doing to get the null response. No problem, job signed off
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)