cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

window stamp settings and MVO

heathldesign
Expert

hi there,

i'm trying to set the window marker to display certain text depending on the MVO. so what i'm trying to do is show the window opening dimensions in one model view and only the ID in another. i've created a model view specifically with window detail level at simple and for this MVO i'de like to show the dimensions, and in the other MVO i've set the detail level to detailed. i've chosen the window stamp, and under window stamp settings > content by scale, i can select what info i want shown either in detailed or middle and simple.  now maybe i've made an assumption based on the words but under "show in detailed" i've selected to show only the ID, and under "show in middle and simple" i've selected the window dimensions.  however, it doesn't matter what model view i select, the stamp doesn't change. i've tried setting the detail level in the window selection settings > window stamp settings > content by scale to scale sensitive, detailed and, middle and simple. still doesn't make a difference. 2d symbolic display i have not checked over ride MVO. what setting am i missing?

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon sonoma

MAC Studio 2022 M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 10 cores, AC27 5030 Apple Silicon USA
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

That is because the detail level is controlled by scale.

So, to show the different details in the window stamp, your plans will need to be at different scales.

If it was me I would use labels.

You can place as many labels as you want, so you can have them in different layers.

Then simply turn the layers on/off to suit the plan you require - they can all be the same scale.

There is a door/window stamp label you can use, or you can even create your own symbol with lines, fills (polygons) and auto text and save that as a custom label object that you can use.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Barry Kelly

That is because the detail level is controlled by scale.

So, to show the different details in the window stamp, your plans will need to be at different scales.

If it was me I would use labels.

You can place as many labels as you want, so you can have them in different layers.

Then simply turn the layers on/off to suit the plan you require - they can all be the same scale.

There is a door/window stamp label you can use, or you can even create your own symbol with lines, fills (polygons) and auto text and save that as a custom label object that you can use.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks, yet again Barry. I guess that makes sense, I’ll it a go with the stamp label.

Heath

MAC Studio 2022 M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 10 cores, AC27 5030 Apple Silicon USA

Setup info provided by author