Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Another SSA Price Increase!

I've been off the boards for a bit, so I'm not sure this has been discussed previously, but...

There is another SSA price increase! For anyone doing the math, in 2022, 2023 and now 2024, in the span of 24 months, that is a 25% price increase.

Why Graphisoft?

I am still crashing on my MacTel machine. Even on the Apple Silicon version I have to restart every now and then when strange anomalies arise, only in ArchiCAD, and one that tech support says they can't solve.

How can there be justification for raising the price AGAIN when you've just put out a perpetually buggy version of ArchiCAD? Maybe the buggiest one to date. We Mac users to wait months after release for solutions to the crashing. This is seriously bordering on a breach of contract or lack of good faith on GS's part. We paid for software that we had a reasonable expectation of stability for, but to date, there seems to not be a crash proof version... and then you raise the price.

Graphisoft ( @Marton Kiss   @Akos Pfemeter) we need a legitimate explanation and most likely a repeal of this price increase. Again, this is the third price increase totaling around 25% in the past 24 months.

My suspicion is that this is a tactic by GS to force perpetual license holders (their most loyal of customers) onto their subscription model.

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon 14.4.1

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
31 REPLIES 31

They are trying to force us all into this AI world so that their AI models use OUR work to make us all obsolete!  

Mac OS 14.4.1 Archicad 27
iMac Pro 3Ghz 10 core Intel Xeon
Radeon Pro Vega, Memory 32 g

If you have a perpetual license now, I believe you have until the end of 2025 to switch to the collaboration subscription and still be able to get a discount.

After that it will be full price, and I am not sure if it will be a switch or if it is just a new subscription and you just stop paying SSA/Forward, leaving that license locked at 28 or 29 when you switch.

But you do not have to switch.

You can carry on with SSA/Forward.

Users only have until the end of 2024 to purchase a new perpetual license, if they do not already have one.

From 2025 it will be subscription only for new users.

If you do switch to the subscription, your perpetual license will be reprogrammed to version 25 and you will receive a cloud license for 26+, which will be upgrade to any new version while you are paying for the subscription.

My understanding is if you then stop the subscription, you will be left with a full license at that current version when you stop.

Whether this is the cloud license or they re-program your perpetual license, I do not know.

But you will be left with the current version when you stop as I have been told.

You will not be able to ever re-new that license, you will just have to start paying the full price subscription should you ever want to start up again, and you will not be able to keep using that latest version if you stop paying the subscription.

But I urge anyone to talk to their local Archicad distributor if you have one.

Otherwise try e-mailing support @ graphisoft.com

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Setup info provided by author