BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Control copy

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,
I have done a search for this and can't find anything on it.....and it's beginning to get a tad frustrating...
I copy objects alot and the way I find it easiest, is to drag an object and then hit the control key for the copy.
I don't know if it's just me or if there is a reason for this but often the little plus sign will vanish just before I finish the command?? When that happens the command then becomes just a drag and that's becoming a bit of a problem... There have been numerous occasions now, that I haven't noticed until I print and there will be a wall missing or an object gone.

Is this normal achicad behavior? Whats the best and quickest way to copy without playing finger twister on the keyboard??

Thanks all

Tony
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Tony,
When you click to drag make sure you let go of the mouse button before you press CTRL for a copy.
If you press CTRL first and then let go of the mouse button the copy will turn off.
A bit annoying when you are working quickly.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Place your hand on the keyboard. Whatever keys your fingers naturally rest on are your frequent command keys. If your right handed i suggest having your hand on the left side of the keyboard with your pinky on the shift key and your thumb near the space bar. Having your pinky on the Shift key will double your resting quick key commands. By resting I mean your fingers are sitting on those keys. The keys can be changed to any command in the work environment. (Drag a Copy),(Radius), (Cancel),(Delete), are four commands I suggest at least having. The rest is usually user specific. Also, whatever key you make as your Radius command make sure to make the Shift+(key) the radius command as well. This is because the shift locks you to a specific angle. Most the time you will want this angle lock if your dragging a copied object. If you don't add the (shift) the (radius) quick key wont work while dragging on a locked angle. Also, I would make the (Bring Forward) = (Shift+up arrow) and the (Send Backward) = (Shift+down arrow) You don't have to play finger twister if you set your keys up right. You will get used to your modified keys much faster than you would expect. It will become second nature and you wont even have to think about it.
Learn and get certified!