BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Vertical Molding

Anonymous
Not applicable
I need your help, if it's possible to do?
I need to turn molding vertically. Is this possible at all with existing samples or do I need to create new one?
I'm trying to make wall panels that have built in picture frames build in.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
dsirka wrote:
I need to turn molding vertically. Is this possible at all with existing samples or do I need to create new one?
I'm trying to make wall panels that have built in picture frames build in.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Try OBJECTiVE - it's free to use with the educational version of AC, and anything you model will continue to work even if you subsequently don't have the add-on. Referring to the attached image:
  • 1. You will have more modelling flexibility if you make the frame moulding with OBJECTiVE. Just draw a fill with the profile you want and create a new 'Section' profile. You can use other profile objects and rotate and cut them with OBJECTiVE, but you can't bend to curves.
    2. Place the moulding around the frame edge - you can either draw directly into an elevation, or draw it in plan first and rotate to the wall plane afterward. You can bend to curves as you please.
    3. The finished frame in a flat plane
    4. You can also bend the profiles to a curved wall as required.
For more info, take a look at http://www.encina.co.uk/objective.html
frame.jpg
Ralph Wessel BArch
Erich
Contributor
dsirka,

If you are not a student you could also try ArchiRotate, also free, found here:

http://www.cigraph.it

I have also played with Objective and it is very very good.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
You can also achieve this within archicad itself.
It's difficult to explain but the creating GDL objects tutorial available on graphisofts web site explains how to do it.
If you create your object on it's side, basically you manipulate your axonametry view to get it as a plan view, rather than side view. then you create a gdl object, when you bring that object back into archicad it will come in rotated..

Hope this helps
Learn and get certified!